Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Where is your body's voice?

For me, my heart might be teacher but my gut is where the barometer lives.

For at least 30 years I have been trying to merge my means of earning a living with the passion that I feel for health and wellness. At times it has been a frightening and painful journey, at others easy and true.

Being a pharmacist in the traditional sense doesn't 'ring my bell' in terms of satisfaction or service to others. In fact, it makes me feel more disconnected. But it allowed me to raise two children as a single parent and to be financially independent. It also highlighted for me the fact that conventional health care isn't really hitting the mark in terms of longevity and true, health and wellness of mind, body & spirit. Thus confirming the tug of war that I've always felt inside.

And this is how it goes...our body is a barometer. It communicates with us all the time about what is true and what is not, about what jives in terms of life satisfaction and how we are actually living day to day.


I can tell you that when you start to listen, life starts to change. The body-voice gets louder and living begins to feel more powerful and doable - if authenticity has a feeling...I think this is it.


How about you? Do you have a sense of where truth resides in YOUR body? Do you need to practice listening? (It's like a muscle, the more you do it, the stronger it gets.) I'd love to support you by offering an approach to listening that has served numerous others in taking action to honor personal truth and find comfort and ease in living.

No comments:

Post a Comment